All submissions must be made online via Submittable and must include the following:
- a cover letter with author’s full contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address; if the manuscript is a collection of stories or essays, please include acknowledgments in the cover letter
- the full manuscript, including a table of contents, if applicable
- a nonrefundable $25 reading fee
A Few More Details…
- Multiple submissions are welcome, but each must be submitted separately and accompanied by the $25 reading fee.
- The $25 reading fee is nonrefundable, and we are unable to accept changes or additions once manuscripts are submitted.
- Because our goal is to celebrate and promote all new environmental literature, both published and unpublished books are eligible for The Siskiyou Prize.
- We require electronic submissions via Submittable for unpublished manuscripts. We strongly prefer electronic submissions via Submittable for published books as well (please send the final version of the book as a PDF). If you must submit a hard copy of the book, however, please use Submittable to pay the fee and include a cover letter letting us know the book will arrive via U.S. mail (Ashland Creek Press, Attn: Siskiyou Prize, 2305 Ashland Street, Suite C417, Ashland, OR 97520). Please note that authors/publishers may be asked to submit a second hard copy if their books are chosen as finalists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.