All submissions must be made online via Submittable and must include the following:
- a cover letter with author’s full contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address; if the manuscript is a collection of stories or essays, please include acknowledgments in the cover letter
- the full manuscript, including a table of contents, if applicable
- a nonrefundable $25 reading fee
The 2019 Siskiyou Prize winner will receive a cash award of $1,000 and a two-week residency at the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology during the 2020-2021 residency season. All unpublished manuscripts submitted to the prize will be considered for publication by Ashland Creek Press.
Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, founded in 1970, fosters creativity, intellectual inquiry, and education, expanding the relationships between art, nature, and humanity. The Center offers workshops, residencies, and community events at its facility on the central Oregon coast, at the edge of a Nature Conservancy preserve and in the center of a United Nations Biosphere Reserve.
A Few More Details…
- Multiple submissions are welcome, but each must be submitted separately and accompanied by the $25 reading fee.
- The $25 reading fee is nonrefundable, and we are unable to accept changes or additions once manuscripts are submitted.
- Because our goal is to celebrate and promote all new environmental literature, both published and unpublished books are eligible for The Siskiyou Prize.
- We require electronic submissions via Submittable for unpublished manuscripts. We strongly prefer electronic submissions via Submittable for published books as well (please send the final version of the book as a PDF). If you must submit a hard copy of the book, however, please use Submittable to pay the fee and include a cover letter letting us know the book will arrive via U.S. mail (Ashland Creek Press, Attn: Siskiyou Prize, 2305 Ashland Street, Suite C417, Ashland, OR 97520). Please note that authors/publishers may be asked to submit a second hard copy if their books are chosen as finalists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Click here to submit